weather conditions and effect on render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a old farmhouse on the scottish coast where the weather can be pretty bad!
It is currently wet harled, however we have built a extension, new garage, huge perimeter wall which needs finished.
Which finish, wet harl, dry harl, smooth render, etc is most suitable for the environment, any comments appreciated!

Sponsored Links
imo wet dash is the stongest of the renders.

Also good for dryiing and weathering etc cos of greater surface area.

Drawbacks - heavy work (IMHO this and sand and cement ceilings ) and a bit harder to paint. Not good for kids if they fall against it, or their parents when a bit the worse for wear.

anyone any experience with k-rend, they do a wet dash product that is coloured so would save painting....

Sponsored Links
my friend has just had his house done with it, I think it is a very good product but you need someone with experience with it to get a good job, I would have a go at most things, but not that, not without someone on hand at least.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back