Weber Render again sorry

• Thread starter huddsspread
  • Start date
H

huddsspread

Ive been given a job to do, rendering the outside of a club, and they want Weber coloured render. Now i exlained that i have not installed that but he knows me and is fine with me doing it. Ive looked at there website, and decided what i need, a render undercoat and top coat.

But just asking as i havnt done it before, i just thought it was a coloured cement, but now i know you just knock up the bag and slap it on.

Any tips or things i should avoid? Or another solution is to use coloured cement and render it the traditional way. Any one know of a good coloured cement or is it just a dye?

Sorry if im a bit vague it was thrown upon me this morning

Sponsored Links
Ive talked him into normal render i think, the weber is going to cost so much compared to sand and cement, then having it painted proffesionally after.

Ive talked him into normal render i think, the weber is going to cost so much compared to sand and cement, then having it painted proffesionally after.
why is he painting it? If its a coloured render then painting surely defeats the purpose

Sponsored Links
when i say normal render i mean sand and cement no colour. Its about £120 for sand , cement , beads, feb, waterproofer. And i have worked it out that we need 100 bags of weber stuff for the undercoat and top coat, plus a "primer" and the waterproofer, and the beads.....So he is getting a price this week from where he gets it from...

The reason they wanted coloured render was so they dont have to paint it, where it is is very exposed, but as long as they paint it 2 maybe 3 times a year it will look perfect. It would take a day to paint it, so compare that to the cost of weber, and also if you suddenly don't like the colour of the render, you can always re paint it.

I think you are better going with sand and cement render if you have not used weber before. Although you are prboably right about going with the cheaper option, I'm not sure about your price comparision.

Beads are the same for either .

You don't use a water proofer with Weber.(also no need for Feb AND Waterproofer in ordinary render - in fact you'll probably go against spec of the waterproofer)

What are you priming - what is the background?

Chaning the colour is also not relevant, as you can do the same with either?

Maybe a typo but did you mean paint it 2or 3 times a year, or every 2 or 3 years?

Also what paint are you using- needs to be written off over 10 years I would say.

Were you allowing 100 bags of weber for about 80-100m2 area?

Yea i worked it out at 79 sq m.As for the biocide and waterproofer, this was just going off there website. The background is just brick. As for the paint i meant 2 or 3 times a year, as where it is up on top of the mountain it gets smashed by the weather really bad, there was 2ft of snow still there yesterday when i went up!

He's chosen normal sand and cement, so i can now forget this weber stuff, but thanks for the replys though.

Yea i worked it out at 79 sq m.As for the biocide and waterproofer, this was just going off there website. The background is just brick. As for the paint i meant 2 or 3 times a year, as where it is up on top of the mountain it gets smashed by the weather really bad, there was 2ft of snow still there yesterday when i went up!

He's chosen normal sand and cement, so i can now forget this weber stuff, but thanks for the replys though.

Webber is sand/cement/ and lime basically.

If it is getting battered by the weather then it might be better to dash it or rough-cast it, that would stand up to the weather a bit more than plain faced render....

They want flat render. The paint has not been looked after so that why it looks rubbish, if it was painted "right" first it will look a million times better. Doing it in 2 weeks anyway......Which sand is doing good at the moment? Wickes plastering sand is RUBBISH, ive used an independant near me, but they have an account at jewsons which they may use, and i've never used jewsons sand....

Jewsons is a bit of a treck for me, ill nip to NIS tomorrow, see what its like, then i may just get them to use them instead of where they have an account.

You want fine sharp, washed , salt free, 3mm down.

If it is a bit 'dead' , then you can pick up a few bags of soft and put a shovel or two in the mix.

Personally I prefer it a bit on the sharp side than too soft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back