Website cookies ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... ARGH!!!

I am fed up of going on websites to be presented with their cookie message. It's not so bad when they have a 'reject all' button, however the ones that essentially force you to select all or set preferences do my nut!

It should be the LAW, globally, that all websites are by default set to 'necessary' cookies only, if indeed there is such a thing. No message when you enter the website for the first time, everyone safe in the knowledge only necessary cookies are active. Then, if the end user so desires, they should have the option to go into settings and increase the level of tracking, although why anyone would want to do this goodness only knows.

First world problem rant over :)

Sponsored Links
Which browser are you using? With Firefox you can use the security settings to delete all cookies, except for those of selected sites, when you close the browser.

Which browser are you using? With Firefox you can use the security settings to delete all cookies, except for those of selected sites, when you close the browser.

That requires extra effort. I don't mind so much the sites which give the 'essential cookies only', but as above - having to go through a list to approve cookies, is just a device to get you to press the single button to 'accept all'.

Sponsored Links
If the site doesn't have the 'Reject All' icon then I don't bother going any further.
If they want/expect me to spend time trolling through an endless list clicking reject/off/disable, then they can click off! I'll take my business elsewhere.

Very little once-only effort needed to white-list just a few sites.
If a website requires me to install additional software just to use it properly, it's a **** website. And anyway, many people don't close their browser all the time. It stays open in constant use. Not to mention mobile users, etc. It's just shoddy.

Cookies were always installed without warning. The eu made it mandatory for sites to get you to agree, and while the intention was good, it caused more work. They should go back to the automatic installation of cookies, they don't usually cause problems, you can delete them afterwards, it is less hassle than trying to agree/disagree.

Cookies were always installed without warning. The eu made it mandatory for sites to get you to agree, and while the intention was good, it caused more work. They should go back to the automatic installation of cookies, they don't usually cause problems, you can delete them afterwards, it is less hassle than trying to agree/disagree.

Trouble is, that some cookies include trackers..

Sponsored Links
Back