website cosmetics aide needed

Sponsored Links
You'll need to find or make new images, or redesign the site not to need them.
Indeed. Hence my request for recommendations on good web design forums.

One of the most crucial points is that I need to keep my rankings. A major change of a page can result in a major change in ranking. On average, a first place ranking gets 4 times more traffic than a third place ( and thus 4 times more income ); you can probably imagine why I don't want to take any chances that can be avoided.

There are many things for Google to determine where your site ends in the search results.
Back links, adding to the query that is searched (recent Panda changes to algorithm), alt tags etc etc are equally important. Plus, and some forget this, the age of your url (new or up and running a long time with frequent changes to the content - hence the reason why blogs are often ranked quite high due to frequent fresh content, gives Spiders something to eat ;))

Focus on both proper content (so your visitors stay and order instead of leaving directly) and SEO items. Both are equally important to make money from your website)

There are many things for Google to determine where your site ends in the search results.

Bearing in mind that my site ranks number 1, 2, and 3 in both singular and plural form of the most important search for my business, I think I am doing something right.;)

Back links, adding to the query that is searched (recent Panda changes to algorithm), alt tags etc etc are equally important.

Most certainly not. They are all of influence, but vary hugely in how important they are.

Focus on both proper content (so your visitors stay and order instead of leaving directly) and SEO items.

I beg to differ. You can have the most interesting content in the world, but if you only get one hit per month, you are unlikely to generate more work than a site with mediocre content that gets 2000 hits per month.

Content is the cyber version of a salesman, whereas ranking is the shop location. A complete muppet in a busy place will sell more than Tom Hopkins in solitary confinement.

Sponsored Links
Focus on both proper content (so your visitors stay and order instead of leaving directly) and SEO items.

I beg to differ. You can have the most interesting content in the world, but if you only get one hit per month, you are unlikely to generate more work than a site with mediocre content that gets 2000 hits per month.
And now see it vice-versa: get a tremendous amount of hits per month but all bounce (leave straight away) because of your uninteresting content.

Like I said - it has to be a proper marriage between writing for prospects and writing for Google.
Forget one, or focus just on one - you'll not gain the bes profit your website could generate at all. Best book on this subject I can highly recommend: Content Rich - by Jon Wuebben, who sent me a copy for free to judge the content ;)

But by all means, do it your way if you think that's the only way.

Like I said, they are both important, but if you don't get hits, you surely won't sell.

But as I emphasised earlier, I did not ask for tips on SEO, but for recommendation of a forum to get tips on how to restore the looks of an existing website.

Oops, something went wrong with the emphasis coding, didn't mean to sound grumpy. :LOL: ( looks better now )

I did get a couple of responses from that forum, but it is nowhere near as big as diynot. The problem is that I really can't afford to experiment and risk loosing my rankings; I need to find somebody who knows exactly how to solve this.

Sponsored Links
Back