Weed and Feed Lawn and then add grass seed ?

M

marsaday

i want to weed and feed the lawn and then scarify after a week or two. following this i want to put down some grass seed. will this take or will the chemical from the weed and feed affect the seeds?

ta

Sponsored Links
I think I would use separate products for the job. Put the weed control down first, and following about a week later with a feed. Both need to be applied carefully, and strictly according to the manufacturers instructions.
Then follow up after about another week with the seed.

The chemical should not affect the seeds, if applied correctly. But you can get milder weedkillers for new lawns.

I prefer taking weeds out by hand and lawn feeding by using liquid feeds. less risk of burning as with pellets if it doesnt rain soon after application.

I read a product review on QVC for a lawn feed and sprayer which im going to try this year as Ihave spoken with the makers in lancashire. I have the sprayer and can vouch for its performance. I lifted this from the site but didnt put the guys name on just in case I shouldnt have done it!

User Review Text

If you want beautiful lawns which look lush, green and healthy, then definately use this product. I have used this for the past 3 years (although at the time you could not get this from qvc) and I have had excellent results. I actually bought this from the man himself when I found it on the website, and his advice and tips were great. I am so glad that qvc customers will get a chance to try this. I found it so easy to apply. I purchased a spray bottle which you fill with lawn magic and then connect your hose to it and simply spray your lawn. I hope qvc will give you the spray bottle in the future as it makes application so much easier and quicker than with a watering can.
What also makes this great is that if you have pets or children, you know that they will not be harmed by this product as it is environmentally friendly. Try this product. It will last the whole season."

www.superspray.co.uk/garden.htm

www.superspray.co.uk/lawn_magic.htm

me again!
If your planting grass seed to fill in the holes made by weed removal then try this - Scrounge a pot carrier from the GC and fill with compost. Sprinkle grass seed over each of the circles. Later when 'turf' plant into lawn! Saves sucking the seed up with your lawn mower and you can plant anytime of the year!

regards,
old perennial.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back