Lawn feed and weed products

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The majority of info suggests that Autumn is the best time to scarify. In this end I used a feed and weed product which has worked well. After this product did what it’s meant to I scarified the lawn.

The only problem is that the feed and weed says you can’t overseed for 8 weeks... overseeding 8 weeks from now will be pointless as we will be effectively into winter...

Is there any way around this or should such products be used in Spring time which would allow more of a window to re-seed? Thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
Seed is cheap. If it doesn't work then you haven't lost much. Although I'm just about to do the same, just bought the weed and feed today. I'll be scarifying and overseeding in two weeks. I just hope I haven't left it too late

I use the medium range weather forecast from the Met office to plan my gardening. We have often had mild enough weather in November to carry out these sort of tasks if we haven't had the opportunity to do so before hand.
The seeds don't know what month it is, only if the ground/soil is warm enough and not too wet/dry.

As IT Minion says, seed is cheap and if it doesn't take now it's cheap enough to redo in the spring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back