Weeds in cemented pebbles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20200902_121925.jpg
20200902_124540.jpg
20200825_181408.jpg
Keep getting weeds growing between thòese pebbles. If I pull them out the mortar comes. Is it worth putting in new mortar ? Dryish I guess.

Best weedkiller? I tried capsules sodium glyphosate but not killing everything o poured from a watering can

Sponsored Links
Weeds will grow in the smallest amount of dirt. It is a constant battle and you will never defeat them. You just have to keep spraying them with weed killer, this year, next year and every year you are alive. You will kill some and then others will take their place. They are seeds or spores that get blown about by wind and there is no way of completely eradicating them, no matter how expert you become at gardening. Even Alan Titchmarsh and Charlie Dimmock get them.

Glyphosate will kill the live ones by absorption through their leaves, and is inactivated when it touches the soil so it does not poison the ground. You can spray it on.

If you keep disturbing the soil by pulling weeds up you will encourage new ones to grow. You can cut the dead ones off.

"Pathclear" will prevent new seeds from germinating. It leaves a film on the surface of the soil. If you disturb it, e.g. by hoeing, raking or weeding, they can grow again. You may need to do it a couple of times a year. It does not "soak into" the ground and poison it so it does not kill existing trees and bushes, it just prevents seeds from coming through. You can apply it with a watering can. Preferably buy a red one for use only with weedkillers and not for watering plants.

For moss, water on "Wet and Forget" and it will die. Again, if you disturb the surface, it will regrow unless you treat again. A 5 litre bottle will last you for years.

Sponsored Links
Weeds will grow in the smallest amount of dirt. It is a constant battle and you will never defeat them. You just have to keep spraying them with weed killer, this year, next year and every year you are alive. You will kill some and then others will take their place. They are seeds or spores that get blown about by wind and there is no way of completely eradicating them, no matter how expert you become at gardening. Even Alan Titchmarsh and Charlie Dimmock get them.

I know. Thxs though. Just sharing the frustration Quite a lot of the pebbles are loose so I guess mortar them back in.

I bought this weedkiller as I prefer using a watering can. I feel that spraying or atomising increases the chances of u breathing it in. It didn't kill everything though. Got glyphosate in it though
Screenshot_20200903-164422_Chrome.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back