Weeping fitting on bottom of boiler - replacment washer reqd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cold feed to my combi boiler is weeping where the isolator valve meets the cast brass inlet manifold bit.

Its a flange fitting with fibre washer and it appears the due to possition of the plate the holds all the inlet/outlet valves the valve is not meeting with the cast manifold quite straight pushing the washer to the limit of what it will take up, and then Ive disterbed it prepairing the wall for the plaster to sort out the mess in the cupboard the boilers in.

Ive had it to bits, and put it back together and unsuprisingly its not slightly worse (drips about twice a minute not once a minute) so it needs a new washer.

Question is:
- Am I going to find a suitable wash in BnQ this evening after I get out of work.
- Given its on the ****, how likely is to to take up and last without rephasing the lot.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
Boilers a Main 30HE, fwiw.

Otherwise works fine, although Im looking to replumb the central heating in the next year or so as the pipes leading to the boiler, and the rest of the house, is a mess of ptfe and compression fittings and prone to intermitant failures!

Daniel

The washers are usually green.

If you can get them at B&Q then fine otherwise a proper plumber's merchant.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back