weird boiler problem :help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, have a strange problem with my boiler. It's a valiant ecoo pro 24, fitted 2/12 years old.

The problem started on saturday, when the communal mains supply burst, and we had to have an emergency repair done.

later on that day, I noticed the boiler wasn't giving out any hot water whatsover.
There we no lights at all, and no error code.

Upon reading the manual, I came across the warmstart feature.
I've now found if I go clockwise with the dial & pick a temp, the hot water works.

HOWEVER, going anti-clockwise did indeed turn the feature off, but upon resetting
the temp, there is no demand for hot water, despite me running the hot tap.

so the only way to get hot water at the moment is to turn on the warmstart, and then turn it off after use.

any advice?

I'm loathe to call someone out as I'm sure it's something very minor.
Not sure if having the mains supply repaired would have something to do with it,
but sure seemed a huge co-incidence!

many, many thanks in advance,

Lee

Sponsored Links
press the I button when the tap is running and post back what s code the display is showing but as said its probably a blocked flow turbine.

Sponsored Links
press the I button when the tap is running and post back what s code the display is showing but as said its probably a blocked flow turbine.

You would think that this ignorant fooker Cowboy, would have the decency to post back after people have taken time to give sound advice. NOA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back