Weird intermittent smell in bathroom

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know what the grey pipe unit called that’s in the photo I posted at the start of this thread?

but I don’t want to risk a leak or be in contravention of building regs and invalidate my home insurance.

It wouldn't concern me but, if you wish to follow the manufacturer's instructions, you should have it raised at least 120mm.

Sponsored Links
It wouldn't concern me but, if you wish to follow the manufacturer's instructions, you should have it raised at least 120mm.
Ah that’s it, thanks. Doesn’t look like it raises 200mm above toilet level, so I guess a pipe will have to be fitted to the top and then the AAV on top of that.

Update: 2 weeks ago I got the plumber back. He installed a pipe to raise the valve by an additional 300mm, so it’s well above the water line. No more smells! Even around the valve in the box, the smell has gone. Thanks to you all for your advice, it really helped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back