Welded lino - never heard of it... ???? help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone

a few months ago i asked my builder if he thought bathroom laminate would be OK in my bathroom and would he be prepared to lay (there is a step in middle of the room and i am quite fussy!) - he assured me it was fine as long as not too wet and he was prepared to lay it - he quoted me about half a day's work.

I purchased the laminate, underlay stuff and beading and now he has come back and said its not suitable, i wont get the finish i want and it is a very tricky job which will take days as he will have to go round three piece suite which is sealed to walls!

i am desparately disappointed! but onwards and upwards... he has suggested using WELDED LINO and getting a professional to lay it.

I dont know what this is - can anyone tell me where i can get it/get samples and is it suitable for a bathroom and will the finish be ok (i am thinking about the step), also does anyone know if it comes in a wood effect - or would that look rubbish??

hope someone can help

Sponsored Links
welded lino is normally this

http://www.altro.com/Products/Flooring/Altro-ContraX.aspx

altro flooring is used in hospital and care homes and social housing. Its normally put in and goes up into the skirting and they weld the corners and edges.

Whenever flooring is to be put in you would normally remove the toilet and basin lay whatever flooring and then put them back. An hours job for a professional.

Hello,
Firstly, laminate flooring generally isn't suitable for bathrooms except a few, which are expensive and claim to be waterproof but generally are not. Confusing i know but my advice is stay clear of them. Welded Lino, is something that you often see in hopitals and returns up the walls to form an easy clean type floor. It is hard wearing and quite expensive as there is a lot of preperation work involved to install it correctly. A really good alternative is "karndean" www.karndean.com It is a vinyl floor in tile or wood plank form and available from about £16 per/m2, relatively easy to fit although not diy and will cover a step. Please visit the site, you'll see what i mean. Feel free to ask me if you struggle.. Andy

hi everyone

a few months ago i asked my builder if he thought bathroom laminate would be OK in my bathroom and would he be prepared to lay (there is a step in middle of the room and i am quite fussy!) - he assured me it was fine as long as not too wet and he was prepared to lay it - he quoted me about half a day's work.

I purchased the laminate, underlay stuff and beading and now he has come back and said its not suitable, i wont get the finish i want and it is a very tricky job which will take days as he will have to go round three piece suite which is sealed to walls!

i am desparately disappointed! but onwards and upwards... he has suggested using WELDED LINO and getting a professional to lay it.

I dont know what this is - can anyone tell me where i can get it/get samples and is it suitable for a bathroom and will the finish be ok (i am thinking about the step), also does anyone know if it comes in a wood effect - or would that look rubbish??

hope someone can help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back