Well that almost got rid of that!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For a months, I had an annoying spot/tag or what it might have been, on my eyelid, just below my eyebrow. It wasn't showing any sign of going, and thinking back, I remembered having a similar one on my chin, and how I got rid of that...

Years ago, I'd had a verruca and bought a freezer kit from the chemists - an aerosol freezer + some little sticks with sponge pads, very similar to cotton buds - except the freezer spray was empty. A bit of research, suggested that pipe freezer was the same stuff, but much cheaper and a much bigger aerosol - which I just happened to have in the workshop. So I squirted pipe freezer on cotton bud, applied the bud to just the tip of the tag for a few seconds, a week later it scabbed and was gone.

Second time around, and it has worked again, just a bit of a scab left - now that's DIY.

Sponsored Links
For a months, I had an annoying spot/tag or what it might have been, on my eyelid, just below my eyebrow. It wasn't showing any sign of going, and thinking back, I remembered having a similar one on my chin, and how I got rid of that...

Years ago, I'd had a verruca and bought a freezer kit from the chemists - an aerosol freezer + some little sticks with sponge pads, very similar to cotton buds - except the freezer spray was empty. A bit of research, suggested that pipe freezer was the same stuff, but much cheaper and a much bigger aerosol - which I just happened to have in the workshop. So I squirted pipe freezer on cotton bud, applied the bud to just the tip of the tag for a few seconds, a week later it scabbed and was gone.

Second time around, and it has worked again, just a bit of a scab left - now that's DIY.
Hmm. You’ve given me an idea. Our Susie has one on each eye. They are not bothering her but when I was last at the vets I asked about getting them removed. He quoted me £550 to get rid of them. Pipe freeze you say? :unsure:

38EE25E0-88EA-4ABB-BE12-97D127B6A9F4.jpeg4EBC598C-5275-4BB7-9F84-B953A2E03ED3.jpeg

I've got one of those little things between my legs....

Sponsored Links
Hmm. You’ve given me an idea. Our Susie has one on each eye. They are not bothering her but when I was last at the vets I asked about getting them removed. He quoted me £550 to get rid of them. Pipe freeze you say? :unsure:

View attachment 285866View attachment 285867

I would have a go at the one in the first photo, but be wary of attempting the second one - such low temperatures can damage the eye. What ever - DO NOT SPRAY SKIN WITH THE SPRAY, spray the cotton bud, then apply the cotton bud to just the tip of the spot.

I think I’ll leave well alone - if I tried any diy surgery on the dog, Mrs Mottie would try diy testicle removal on me!

I had one on the sol of my foot that just wouldn't go away using the paint on stuff etc. The freezing kit got rid of it ;) but left a bit of a hole. I had to use it a bit more extensively than the instructions said as the first go hardly did anything.

What, DIY testicle removal?

You try that, and perhaps let us know?

I was of course referring to pimple/tag/verruca removal, though it may work equally well on testicles.

My annoying tag or what ever it was, is now gone completely, just the slightest of marks where it was.

Sponsored Links
Back