Well thats it......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm off to start a new life where no one knows me. Received the following a short time ago and have contacted Jerome.

"Executive Director,
Federal Bureau Of Investigation FBI. Washington, D.C.
601,4th Street, Pennsylvania Avenue,
NW Washington, D.C.
20535-0001, USA.

Dear Beneficiary,
We want to notify you that the FBI Washington DC in conjunction with other relevant agencies here in the United STATES of America have recently been informed through our Global intelligence monitoring network that you have an over-due payment in tone of ten million, three hundred thousand US dollars (USD10.3Million) in Federal reserve bank. This was as a result of cash disbursed by the United Nations as a form of an inheritance fund which only few lucky people would benefit from this exercise. We have done a random email selection and you happen to be among the lucky individuals to benefit from the exercise this year. Right now stop any transaction you have with any Organization/ Person telling you your funds are with them. You are advised to contact the Federal Reserve bank immediately so they would begin with the process.

You are to contact Mr. Jerome H. Powell who happens to be a member of the federal reserve board via the email address below."

I'm not printing the email in case one of you unscrupulous people try to impersonate my identity and steal all my funds. He just needs all my bank details, including any debit/credit cards complete with the 3 digit pin on the reverse. Money should be in my account by tomorrow if everything checks out.

Sponsored Links
You lucky bástard..... spend Wisley One woman a week will do and watch that heart.

Good luck with everything

You know those scams are deliberately designed to be spotted by reasonably intelligent people so that the scammers don’t waste their time. The obvious errors will be aimed to filter down to the gullible.

It’s really sad, that every day some poor sod is wasting their disability or housing benefit on these scammers.

My niece and nephew have learning disabilities and it’s really hard to stop them engaging without restricting their access.

You know those scams are deliberately designed to be spotted by reasonably intelligent people so that the scammers don’t waste their time. The obvious errors will be aimed to filter down to the gullible.

It’s really sad, that every day some poor sod is wasting their disability or housing benefit on these scammers.

My niece and nephew have learning disabilities and it’s really hard to stop them engaging without restricting their access.
We have family members with learning difficulties, and I similar concerns.

Sponsored Links
I had a work colleague who was concerned for her elderly dad. He'd 'sponsored a donkey' and of course got more and more letters through the post for similar 'good causes.' When his daughter tried to say to him 'it's just junk mail dad, ignore it, you've been put on mailing lists' he replied with 'no it's not junk, because each letter has 'Dear Mr Smith' at the start, they're writing to me personally.'

Some of the scams would make a reasonably intelligent person think twice , I have had Telephone calls and headed emails from major Suppliers/Banks etc saying there has been an error on ones account , to correct it one has to open up the email or continue with the phone call .
These scams are getting more sophisticated

If anyone on here wants the top 10 tips to stop these con-people, please send me £10 million and I'll forward you the list. I only retain £10 for my time, the rest I donate to charity.

Some of the scams would make a reasonably intelligent person think twice , I have had Telephone calls and headed emails from major Suppliers/Banks etc saying there has been an error on ones account , to correct it one has to open up the email or continue with the phone call .
These scams are getting more sophisticated
Always put the phone down. Wait, then call the bank yourself to confirm. Or go into the bank in person. Never, ever, deal with someone without confirming their identity.

Always put the phone down. Wait,
dial a known safe number such as 1471 or a friend to verify the line is free before calling your bank.

Scammers have been known to keep the line open even putting dial tone on the line so that the victim thinks the line is free, Then when the victim thinks they are calling their bank they are still connected to the scammers

How do you know it looks like spam 'til you've tasted it?
Don't be silly.
9FE4E9F6-E968-43D2-AD8F-1CE0398A8DDD.jpeg

8E4D77C2-99B4-4964-BB4B-44FC718912E5.jpeg

Edit: That’s how I knew it looked like spam!

Last edited:
dial a known safe number such as 1471 or a friend to verify the line is free before calling your bank.

Scammers have been known to keep the line open even putting dial tone on the line so that the victim thinks the line is free, Then when the victim thinks they are calling their bank they are still connected to the scammers

View attachment 274578

View attachment 274579

Edit: That’s how I knew it looked like spam!
Actually, now i think on it, dialling 1471 is no guarantee as some scammers have sophisticated software that can still intercept your call from your number....and, Bolo, needs to tell the difference between adverts and spam: get a better ad-blocker.

Interestingly, I have just had two calls, yesterday and today - the first time any have got through my caller block, set to block all callers except the known ones, unless they listen to a message and do certain things, which these callers don't do. They asked for my partner by name, who passed away six years ago. When I enquired what it was in regards to, they claimed it was Homeserve about renewing our cover on our white-goods - cover we never, ever had.

Why would I, I am more capable of fixing any issues than any Homeserve botcher and run? 020 45792368 is the spoofed number they rang from twice. A quick check suggests lots are being pestered by this same Homeserve scam.

Sponsored Links
Back