Welsh Roofing Slates - Any information about what type these are?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Back with my second slate question...

I've been told that there are all sorts of different types of Welsh roof slate. That's got me curious as to what we have on the (semi-renovated) cowshed part of our house.

Looking at other images, I'm thinking they're purple/heather rather than blue, but tbh it's hard to tell for sure and they seem to be somewhere in the middle! Can anyone more familiar with slates tell me anything about them? In case it's relevant. they measure 12" x 20".

The last picture's a bad one - it's hard to get good lighting with the weather at the moment...

Cheers

IMG_20210130_101245860.jpg

IMG_20210130_101253262.jpg

IMG_20210130_101302211.jpg

IMG_20210130_101316620.jpg

IMG_20210130_101430032_HDR.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Found this in the van whilst cleaning it out, I suspect this is the same as your slate they are a pinky / purple in colour.

Thanks for the replies, they're really helpful in identifying what we have. Cheers :)

I've got some reclaimed ones for the repairs, but I've posted and asked about them in the other thread I started... Sorry to confuse things by having too threads. I should have thought before posting, but I guess I didn't want to bung too much into one. Anyhow, here's a link to it if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks again

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...-what-to-look-for-in-reclaimed-slates.562937/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back