Wet Dash on Block wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks looks like I am about to embark on rendering then wet dashing my block workshop.

A few questions for those with the knowledge.

The base coat, what mix? sand/lime/cement

What is the common method for rendering base coat application. I am thinking of fixing any corner beads etc, apply and level vertical strips and let harder, throw the render and level with a wood strip, when dry (how dry? next day or day or so?) damp surface and harl wet dash.

Wet dash. What do I specify for the grit (peas?) is there a name or size I need to ask for, the existing finish looks like small sharp basalt (grey) stones about 3-4mm average.

What is the quantity calculation (5mm base?) (how much grit do I need to order say for 36sqm) and the mix ratio for a wet dash ?

Sponsored Links
Scratch coat 4-1-1 with added waterproofer.
buttercoat 5-1-1 no waterproofer.
wetcast/slurrydash mix 5-1-1-2 approx.

6mm aggregate.

Or google K-rend wet dash comes ready mixed just add water.

Thanks. K-Rend quoted near £500 that is why I am looking at quantity calculations :) I have a ton of sand, 12 bags of cement already so wish to utilize what I have, just need to work out what more I need to get.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back