wet greasy looking patches on wall help plz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok ill apologize now im a woman so please bare with me haha

i bought a house in march of this year, the hosue had bin done up to sell, new damp proof course downstairs. bits of re plastering etc,

when we moved in i noticed a greasy looking patch by the door from the lounge to the kitchen. i tried wiping it thinking my dog had bin rubbing up against it but it stayed their, some one who did some work on the house said they tried painting over it but it kept coming back through...

since that patch a few apreared up the stairs one big one in particular that made the plaster go a bit funny., we thought this might be due to the tumble dryer being in the under stairs cupboard with no proper ventilation so we moved it and it seemed to dry out a bit

the chimney breast also has a few patches ., one tiny one above the skirting and 2 in the middle,,,these seem to get worse when the weather gets reli bad.. the chimney has bin covered over but i dont know how its bin closed off etc

then i moved the sofa about a week ago and their is a massive long patch their two.. this starts about a perfect inch above the shirting..i swear its often worse in the morning when we come down and the lounge is cold and theirs loads of condensation on the windows but i dont know if this is the cause or not

i dont know what the reason is for these patches, or how to get them to go away but would really appreciate some advice. im just a bit concerned on the off chance it turns to damp and mold as i have babies in the house

thanks in advance

also if its worth mentioning ive bin getting a lot of mold round my windows and a few other places, mainly kitchen and bathroom windows, the tumble dryer is now in the bathroom which is off the kitchen so i think thats the cause also round upstairs windows too ut not as bad, im on that though with bleach and mold paint

ive also added some photos of the problem areas

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back