wet insulation in new build cavity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have completed a new build house with 4 inch concrete blocks and a 4 inch cavity filled with a wool type insulation pumped in after completing the block work . the inside has been partly dry lined in the last two months . The outer layer rendered with a scratchcoat with waterproofer and a second coat of pebble dash . the building has been partly completed forover 12 months ( meaning slated , pebbledashed , windows and doors ) . last month i noticed a damp patch in the living room , south facing without dry line . I made 3 inspection holes and discovered to my horror that the insulation was soacking wet .
I made the mortar myself so i know that there was sufficient waterproofer in the mix . Could it possibly be interstitial condensation ? Ihave read about this and also the warm front condensation . please help because i need to move in as soon as possible .thanks .

Sponsored Links
Re-post it in the building forum, ps or the mods can. ;)

MOD 2

your wish is my command markie :eek:

Good lad/lass ps be quicker nexted time tut tut :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back