Wet or Electric Underfloor Heating - Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are about to renovate our kitchen, which will include replacing the concrete floor, with a new insulated concrete floor. It will be dug up to a depth of 300mm and include 75mm of insulation. Currently the house and the kitchen is heated by radiators from an "old" boiler. It's a gravity hot water central heating system, i.e. hot water on or hot water and heating on, no option have just the heating on. (hot water has a valve to turn it on\off when it's at temp) I do not want to alter the boiler or heating system.

In the new kitchen we want to install underfloor heating the size of the room is 7m x 4.3m.

To keep things simple I was just going to fit an electric system, but I have some concerns over the running cost of the electric system.

To install a wet underfloor system, can the feeds from the existing kitchen radiator be used as the feeds for a wet underfloor system? What would I need to make this work? Or would there need to be major changes our current heating etc?

Or will something like this do the job?

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/jg-speedfit-30-meter-squared-6202-25196

Many thanks and a happy new year!

Terry

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back