wet patches on the ceiling of the hallway next to exterior.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have noticed wet patches on the ceiling of the hallway next to exterior walls. The patches seems to be appearing along the whole hallway ceiling/wall (at the top floor only)
The fascias and soffits were replaced October 2011. I did not notice anything last winter.
Please can you advise who should i contact to come and check how this problem can be fixed?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It`s most likely in the roof ,on underside of the felt - dripping down :idea: it`s not condensation from inside the room . Be very careful who you get in . : If you can get in the roof and post pictures of the area above the patches - you`ll probably get a full, free , diagnosis from the guys here - and probably a remedial action too :idea:

Sponsored Links
From what I can see, the roof seems to be in very good order - tile nibs sitting nicely on the slaters laths etc.
Is any of the insulation wool damp to the touch?
Can I ask how old the house is? Its just I would have expected to see underfelt there.....but obviously not.
It could just be a condensation issue after all.
John :)

No felt ! . Well the patches on the ceiling - although small - made me think water from the roofspace :confused: but there is classic condensation mould marks too . In the loft there appears to be some old watermarks on the rafters

Hi

the house is from 1935. I did see a small gap between the tiles, it did not seem to have come up in the picture
could the small gap be causing it?

There will always be small gaps to be seen around tiles, and its only in extreme wind and weather conditions that rain could be blown upwards.
Usually this is taken care of courtesy of the underfelt which your house doesn't have.
I'm sure that isn't the problem here though.
Is the insulation wet to the touch?
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back