Wet-Room Blues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two related issues:

1) Less than 12 months ago my builder installed a wet-room on top of pretty thick plywood/stud-walls. Colour is leaching through the tiles from the ply-wood and I now have dark-brown grout in the wet areas where it used to be white.

I can see no alternative but to remove the tiles, the board and replace with Wedi-board or similar. Is this overkill or can anyone make a practical suggestion.

2) The floor is porcelain tile on water driven under-floor heating. The tiler (sic), having a keen eye for the horizontal, managed to tile flat and rub-out most of the carefully constructed fall towards the drain. Consequently I now have puddles!! Again, pull up the tiling and start again (minus tiler) is my solution but I'd welcome any other suggestions.

I think it's going to have to be DIY from now onwards....

MOD

moved as posted in wrong forum

Sponsored Links
What type of grout is it?

I would if the (tiler) has not already have used an epoxy grout.

I wouldnt rip all the tiles up unless the floor is weakening.

You can remove the grout and use an epoxy making the floor waterproof. This is going to cost you far less money.

Ty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back