Wet room floor need fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I need to fix our floor in our bathroom temporarily until I have the time to refurbish the entire bathroom and was wondering if someone has some advice? We moved into our house a while back and never really changed the bathroom so it seems it’s normal that those things are not great anymore. However, before I spend too much money on it I want to fix it temp. as the plan is to refurbish the bathroom and get someone to tile it but not before middle of next year. I have attached two images so you can see the damage better, was thinking to hot welding the floor at the damaged part but not sure if that is still possible.

Thanks
View attachment 289954

Sponsored Links
Can't see pic, permission denied.
Can you upload it and post it in the reply

Attachments

• 9979835F-03B5-419B-BBE0-C297DA3A2BF5.jpeg
    9979835F-03B5-419B-BBE0-C297DA3A2BF5.jpeg
    776.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 0EC3262E-EF79-44ED-9744-5F5C5A33E413.jpeg
    0EC3262E-EF79-44ED-9744-5F5C5A33E413.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 36
Sponsored Links
How quick n dirty of a job are you looking for? "scrape the edges clean aand what some hot melt glue gun glue or silicone in there" kind of quick n dirty?

Thanks, it’s not that I like it this way but will refurbish the entire bathroom anyway by latest summer 2023 so don’t see the point in spending money on a stunning job which I will rip out again in 6 month time.

"There is nothing more permanent than 'temporary'" I was once told

Took me 6 years to get around to replacing the stapled-up roofing membrane in the guest room with a curtain pole and curtains.

It’s needs hot welding. Welds go over time. Get in touch with a local flooring company that does polysafe flooring.

as it’s been left a while you might have to have a repair done as well. Sometimes as the gap is to wide we cut an inch strip out then put a piece in and do 2 welds.

It’s needs hot welding. Welds go over time. Get in touch with a local flooring company that does polysafe flooring.

as it’s been left a while you might have to have a repair done as well. Sometimes as the gap is to wide we cut an inch strip out then put a piece in and do 2 welds.
As mentioned its fir a very short time so will try a quick fix first if that doesn’t work I might move the refurbishment to April or earlier but won’t pay anyone to repair something I don’t want to jave anymore anyway even I agree with you that hot plastic welding is the best option
If it's damp in that gap consider something like Sticks Like ****, which will adhere to damp surfaces
This stuff is actually a good tip, it doesn’t look pretty but will do the job until we start with our refurbishment. This whole wet room was frim the previous owner so needs to be replaced by something proper.

Thanks
-Greg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back