Wet Room Floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of updating my bathroom and want to put in a walk in shower. I am going to tile my flooring with ceramic slate type floor tiles and would love to make the shower using a wet room type floor incorporating it into the tiled floor. My bathroom is on my first floor and the subfloor is wooden floorboards...any ideas?

Sponsored Links
its only a thought but butyl rubber doesnt leak (as used in pond liners) but obviously you would need to create a slope for the water to run in one direction towards a central plug 'ole

I recently completed a similar project and replaced the old shower base etc. with a wet room floor .... looks a lot better.
BAL do a shower tanking kit (£65'ish) that you'paint' over the cement base prior to tiling.

have a look on this link, I explained in detail how I went about it + a lot of other good info...

Peelie said:
I am in the process of updating my bathroom and want to put in a walk in shower. I am going to tile my flooring with ceramic slate type floor tiles and would love to make the shower using a wet room type floor incorporating it into the tiled floor. My bathroom is on my first floor and the subfloor is wooden floorboards...any ideas?
I am installing a walki in shower with no door, and want to seal the whole bathroom floor as water will splash onto it
How did you get on with yours and what products did you use

Any help will be appreciated

Scubageorge

Sponsored Links
Scubageorge, welcome to the forum, peelie (who made origonal post) will not reply to you as the post was made in January 2004, and it was the only post they ever made (look at the number for posts made) i would follow alexnic's advice

alexnic"]
im looking for a drain off for my wet room can you advise me
regards terry,

Peelie said:

Try here recently installed wet room with their former, tanked and then tiled. Perfect

email addresses are not allowed in forum, site listed is also under construction

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back