wet room, step by step

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes another wet room query but none seemed to match my circumstances exactly. I am building a new bathroom in my extension on the first floor. I have just put the floor in and the 18mm chipboard floor.

It is a fairly large bathroom withonly the walk in shower that will get wet. I was planning on putting a second layer of chipboard down over the whole bathroom to be able to provide the fall but think i might cut it away where the shower is instead and lay ply flush with the joists.

I dont really want to go to the expense of buying a preformed tray especically since that will affect what size my shower can be. Question really is, can a form the fall in the shower with a screed (will this be to thin and crack) and then use the aquatechnic system to paint/water proof all floors and walls. Is is as simple as this?

thanks for any help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back