wet room tray former

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I am considering usin a pre formed wet room floor gradient former to give my en suite a walk in shower.
Just looking for some general advice here.
I have an ensuite with 22mm chipboard as a floor on joists at 450mm c/c, at the one end of the room (room 1400mm wide) i hope to multitool out the chipboard floor 1400mm x 900mm , nog out as nessessary and then introduce a preformed/ falled undertray with built in drain, then hoping to tile complete floor and add screen at 900mm from wall so as i have formed a shower.
I am looking for tips on installation. I can see that these formers are 22mm thick but surely if theres a fall in this they will be down to nothing around the grating (or do i need to take of the top of joists to suit)
Just looking for any decent feedback regarding these formers when used on a 1st floor scenarion.

Thanks
Russ

Sponsored Links
Yeah the formers get thin near the drain. I cut out as you described and then in the cut out bit put 3x2 screwed along the beams and then fitted the cut out 22mm ply inbetween the beams, cutting a hole for the waste. I then put in a thin coat of floor leveling in the dip to take any unevenness out and put the tray in on that. It's solid and has never leaked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back