wet room waste leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi To all
I've read through all posts and cannot find the right answer or advice.
I have installed a "topps tiles" linear tray short side
linear-tray-short-side
and used a "tops tiles" linear drain trap
linear-drain-trap

It as leaked after a few showers at the trap tray junction, if you look at the trap it quite simply gets offered up to underside of tray a rubber flange is placed atop and then you screw down the chrome plug. what isn't clear in the pictures is that the chrome plug seats nicely into the metal of the linear shower tray, this is my problem area, no rubber or O ring or gasket is supplied so have removed it (spoke with topps who confirmed no rubber or O ring) fitted back with PTFE on the thread and a smear of silicone around flanges tightened firmly and after 2 showers there is a leak (albeit just one droplet hanging and ready to fall.
As anyone any experience with these 2 compatible products, and/or does anyone have any suggestions.
Thanks for any anticipated help with this.

Russell

Sponsored Links
Cant see the pics I'm afraid. However, as you dont wish the shower tray to retain water, (as you would with a bath or basin), a washer on the top side of the waste isn't necessary, seal needs to be between the trap and underside of the tray. I'd expect the rubber washer alone to provide the required seal, are there any imperfections in the bottom edge of the tray where the washer mates?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back