WET UDF MANIFOLD FLOW POTS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone please tell me these flow pots on my new 12 port manifold.
When I get the first one to the flow I need the next one robs the one I just set and by the time I am at about number 5 flow pot there is no room to adjust the next pot and the others I just set are showing less than 0.5 LPM flow. When I just set them to 2.5 to 1.5 depending on what zone it was for.
Do I just do one zone at a time and lock off to move to next zone and the readings after are wrong but its set still to what I wanted?
Also as the system heats up I notice the flow pots just set creep up to nearly no flow how can this be?

Its not the pump Tested and having the mixer out all 12 pots can flow to near 5 lpm if I want them too.
Its not air.
Its not crap in the system.
and pots work as they should.
Thanks all :)

Sponsored Links
I have also been to a family's house that has a udf setup and noticed. one zone was calling with great flow 3 lpm but when I asked to up the other zone stats by the time 3 more come on there is hardly any flow for all 4 zones now. So what is the point in these flow meter pots. Its not like your going to only have one zone on at a time. when you want the heating on most if not all will be calling.
Thanks

Just shooting from the hip here. Try doing it backwards, with all loops calling for heat and knowledge of which of your loops is longest (highest resistance to flow) and shortest. Open them all up and whichever is the lowest flow is the longest loop. Don't bother throttling this. Start with the highest flow (shortest loop) and by trial and error, continue to throttle in until they're all equal. The smart pump should attempt to maintain the same diff pressure no matter how many/few loops are calling for heat.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Just shooting from the hip here. Try doing it backwards, with all loops calling for heat and knowledge of which of your loops is longest (highest resistance to flow) and shortest. Open them all up and whichever is the lowest flow is the longest loop. Don't bother throttling this. Start with the highest flow (shortest loop) and by trial and error, continue to throttle in until they're all equal. The smart pump should attempt to maintain the same diff pressure no matter how many/few loops are calling for heat.

Nozzle

hey nozzle,
That’s the issue you see, when all are fully open they just sit at above 0.5lpm fully open no room to adjust.
Even if I say did 5 at a time same issue. thanks

Is the pump correctly specified? 12 loops is a biggun.

Nozzle

Hey well that was my thinking as I know 12 is a big manifold. But as you know soon as mixer out the loop pulls all 12 pots to 5lpm. So it’s strong enough got to be.
What u think?

I mean even if it was a 6 port would struggle with mixer complete. It’s a proper good pump.

My Pump has different modes of operation, it sounds to me likes yours is spinning down and operating on the wrong curve.

What selections are available on your pump?

Nozzle

Hey I have a grundfos spec below with settings can u tell me what’s best for me? I have tried them all however. I am pushing only 2 ground and 1st floor so approx 2m
Thanks

Attachments

• 98FDFE64-D8EE-4CBA-A522-FE319EB62922.png
    98FDFE64-D8EE-4CBA-A522-FE319EB62922.png
    513.2 KB · Views: 131
My Pump has different modes of operation, it sounds to me likes yours is spinning down and operating on the wrong curve.

What selections are available on your pump?

Nozzle

witch setting you think Nozzle? again I am running ground and 1st floor so aprox 2/2.5m height.
Thanks mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back