Wet Welsh stone facing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a 7 year old Welsh House that has one external wall faced with stone (reasonably local I think). When it rains the wall appears to soak up the rain and then it travels down the wall and exits at various places. There is a conservatory on this side of the house and because we have a window and door between the conservatory and the house the water exits above the door and window, either dripping on to the cill [sp] or, in the case of the door, onto the floor of the conservatory.

Even on that part of the wall that doesn't have a conservatory attached the water still runs "down through the wall" and if there is a window in the way it exits at the top of the window arch and splashes onto the cill.

My thoughts are that I should be sealing the entire wall with something so as to prohibit the ingress of water in the first place.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

TIA - David

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back