wet works permit/certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a friend of mine approach me about some work today, he's moving into an industrial unit and wants to put up partition walls and get plastering done to make office space inside.

he's been told by someone in the loop that the people doing the work will need a wet works permit or something like that, i've never heard of it so thought i'd ask the more experienced on here, any one know of this or is someone having him on?

thanks guys

Sponsored Links
he's been told by someone in the loop that the people doing the work will need a wet works permit or something like that, i've never heard of it so thought i'd ask the more experienced on here, any one know of this or is someone having him on?
Not heard of that one before but I’ve never done any work in a commercial building, did he say who would issue this permit? It could be something to do with the terms of the lease but I would expect that to cover any work the leaseholder wishes to undertake.

Even Google failed to throw anything up :confused:

glad it's not just me mate!

it seems to be something the people he's letting from are stipulating from i understand, i googled it too as my first port of call as i thought it would pop straight up.

its all insurance rubbish,you just need a spill kit an stuff and inform other trades of any wet work.

Sponsored Links
guessed as much exty! had to be really, fact still remains if i want to do any work in there i'm gonna need one of these permits or whatever they are.

what does a spill kit contain out of interest? roll of Andrex? :)

For god's sake,, more bullshite,,,, whatever next??? Some fool with a collar and tie probably thought that one up, and will make more money out of it, than the poor buggers doing the spreading. Never heard of it,, don't want to, don't want one!! :rolleyes:

Not heard of that one before but I’ve never done any work in a commercial building, did he say who would issue this permit? It could be something to do with the terms of the lease but I would expect that to cover any work the leaseholder wishes to undertake.

Even Google failed to throw anything up :confused:

You'd need a spill kit for that though Rich !!!! :LOL:

trowelmonkey1";p="1730285 said:
guessed as much exty! had to be really, fact still remains if i want to do any work in there i'm gonna need one of these permits or whatever they are.

what does a spill kit contain out of interest? roll of Andrex? :)[

dont no m8,but every job i go on they show me were it is case i need it,just havent got a clue whgat to do with it.

my feelings exactly RC! i'm not about to jump through any hoops to do the work or get the permit, certainly some office bod with no idea making up more rules/tape to get in the way.

You need a place to empty your dirty water, a small butt or similar . They are worried about your waste entering the water system.

It's another load of bolleaux . Last job I was on with a simliar set up had a 4o galon drum to tip all our washing water in , for cleaning buckets etc as we were not allowed to 'contaminate ' the ground outside by tipping out our dirty water.

. When we were finished the job, we just tipped out the drum !!

ah ok, now we're getting somewhere!

so because he's a business wanting work done he's gotta pay through the nose for it then basically by jumping through silly hoops.

still don't understand who decides who's certifiable and how you prove it, sounds liek jobs for the boys, ISO9001,9002 anyone?

Wet work permit :LOL: :LOL: I was working on a iron soil pipe on a block of flats in the 70`s . Plasterer ****ed in the corner 3 floors above and sprayed plumber`s bald head :LOL: They used to **** in 1 gallon paint cans and hide them in cupboards too :mad: Dirtiest b`stards on site in those days :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back