Wetroom 1st floor, timber jopist floor

I

IainWatson

Considering options to install wetroom as one half of a 3mx3m bathroom, tiled everywhere. 1st floor with 8"deep 1.25" wide joists at 14"centres. Will be using 18mm boards. Any recommendations on the type of wetroom installation? (I have heard OTL mentioned several times) or would you steer clear ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks Seco -

Follow up Qs.... Planning the shower area to be 900x1800, 3 walls with 1200 glass screen down one side, touching one end-wall. How far beyond the screen and how far up the walls ought I take the waterproof membrane.
Finally, the Devimat underfloor heating seems to be hand in hand with Impey....any pointers as to better undertile heating systems??

Thanks, Iain.

useally take it up to your shower mixer height and 2 ft past the glass in your case.
that heating system works very well never had any complaints.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Seco.....this'll be the plan then unless anyone comes in at the last moment with a "Nooooooooooooo....."

I

usually take it up to your shower mixer height
Generous, I think most would only go 150mm up the wall because of the cost of the stuff. Worth it on stud walls certainly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back