Wetroom floor membrane supplier of seemless large sheets ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wetroom floor membrane: can you get wide seemless sheets e.g. 4m x 4m ?
A wet room i'm doing in a first floor room of a victorian house in Kent in the UK.
The floor is going to be 22mm screwed and glued ply on wooden joists --stengethened so as per the TRADA table to control movement.
We'll probably use Marmox wall boards , to be tiled.
The shower will be in a corner with a single glass screen with no door to the main room, the complete floor to be tiled. We'll use a proprietory shower tray to give the apropriate fall, e..g the Marmox one.
There seem to be numerous wet proof membranes sold for use under the tiled floor.
I distrust using liquid waterproofers, for fear of leaks at cracks between the ply sheets in years to come. Rolling out and sticking down a waterproof sheet material appeals.
You can do flat rooves with a large seemless sheet of EPDM, mitreing corners to avoid problems at the joins in the future. Can't I do the same in a wet room ? EPDM is available in 33m wide sheets arbitrarily long -- available by overnight carrier...
Wetroom sheets (which I know are not epdm), only seem to come in 1 meter wide rolls ?!?!? I understand you can stick them-- but using a complete sheet with no joins has got to be better just like a roof. EPDM comes in up to 30m wide sheets, but wet room floor membrane 1200mm is as good as I can find... the room in question is 3.6m x 3.6m ...

Help: surely someone makes wet room membranes in wide sheets, not just in 1m x 10m rolls.. it just doens't make sense. You wouldn't do a roof like this, why a wet room ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back