Wetroom Shower tray waste seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am fitting a wetroom shower tray former which has a waste that fits underneath the tray and is pulled up tight to the underside of the tray by a metal ring on the top side of the tray that is tightened by three bolts. The shower tray itself has a plastic former built into the centre of the tray with a circular hole and a rubber ring seal fits into the hole (a bit like a grommet) so that it forms a seal with the trap as it is pulled up underneath and the metal ring above the tray as the bolts are tightened.
My question is, should I use a ring of silicone sealant on the top and bottom sides of the rubber seal to ensure no water leaks or should I use the rubber seal dry, or with a smear of silicone grease? The instructions that came with the wetroom tray and installation kit don't mention using any silicone albeit the Installation Instructions are pretty basic.
I am paranoid about having leaks once the floor is installed, tanked and tiled !!!
Any advice very welcome

Sponsored Links
Nope ... if everything is nice and clean and new and both sides of the seal is sitting into/onto something nice and flat and clean, then no silicone would be needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back