90 mm shower waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a stone resin shower tray with a waste outlet hole which is say angled and not flat The waste that i fitted had a top sealing ring which was flat consequently the ring broke when being tightened due to only the outer edge being in contact the the tray. Is there a waste that has a tapered top sealing ring so it fits flush with the sloping sides of the tray therefore creating more area of the ring in contact with the tray. It's difficult to describe here with out some form of picture so here goes. View media item 41538 :?:

Sponsored Links
Silicone the sloping edge before you put the sealing ring in as you would with a basin waste.
Don't tighten too tight. You shouldn't have to go any more than hand tight then a nip with a wrench

Thanks for the reply This was thought about when i fitted the second sealing ring. I actually only hand tightened it. Having looked more closely at the construction of the ring i've concluded it's made from the wrong plastic. it's the type of plastic which when stressed breaks like a biscuit. When you squeeze the threaded section it' starts cracking so had no chance on this type of tray. I would even be reluctant to use it on a flat face. I went to b&q today and looked at their waste It's made from a plastic which has some flex in it like a credit card so when stressed it gives without breaking. It's also slightly tapered so has a snug fit with the tray.
Serves me right for buying a cheap waste from ebay. :rolleyes: :oops:
Beware of cheapo wastes on ebay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back