Wetrooms?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've been looking into the idea of losing the traditional three piece bath suite (bath, loo, basin) out of my flat's bathroom and replacing with a modern shower enclosure and sourcing a basin/pedestal and loo separately. Having looked at shower enclosures, the concern I have always had is the wear and tear of runners for doors and such and the fact they can look cheap unless you spend a lot of money on them. So I moved on... to looking at wetrooms after seeing an ad for Aquadry products. As it's a second floor flat (people living below) and the floor is concrete, I'd be looking at one of the raised wetroom options which has a preformed base to build in the waste gradient for you. One of these alone is about £750 though.

www.aquadry.info - this shows the details about it all

Has anyone got any experience of this or similar please? I know of Impey Aquadecs too, but these won't suit a concrete floor unless it's chased out, which I don't have the option of with someone living below. Any opinions? My feel was that a wetroom might last longer than a shower enclosure in the end and, to some tastes, look more modern/less cluttered. Would I be just as well making a base myself somehow to build in a required gradient and then just using the relevant membrane, tape etc to ensure it was waterproofed correctly? Is this raised kit expensive for what it is/does compared to doing it all yourself?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back