What a catch!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If Australia need a fielder and/or a goal keeper, this lad is it. WOW! What a catch. And so nonchalant!

Ball boy earns huge ovation at Australian Open

Tennis fans at the Australian Open were treated to a thrilling spectacle when Rafael Nadal beat Roger Federer in a pulsating semi-final on Thursday.

But one of the biggest cheers of the night was reserved for the ball boy, who wowed crowds with an athletic catch that would have shamed a Test cricketer.

14-year-old Dylan Colaci has since become an internet star as his catch has been replayed round the world.

"I didn't have much time to think about it," said modest Dylan.

"I just stuck my hand out and the ball just stayed there. I couldn't believe it myself but then I just had to get straight on with the match.

''As soon as I got off court everybody was talking about it. My parents texted me and it was on Facebook.''

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...s-huge-ovation-australian-open-110719464.html

Sponsored Links
The quick reactions and athleticism of youth, :cry: If only we could stay like that till we snuff it.

aged 1000 :LOL:

The quick reactions and athleticism of youth, :cry: If only we could stay like that till we snuff it.

aged 1000 :LOL:
I was never like that at my peak, I did however have one moment of glory at school playing cricket, the ball just fell out of the sky and I managed to catch it, it was not a conscious effort it just happened.

A similar thing happened to me in a game of rounders or cricket at school; I was crap at ball sports and one day I was fielding. Happened to move my hand and suddenly the ball smacked into my palm. I was the hero of the day so I didn't tell anybody it was an accident.

Sponsored Links
I too was able to move like him in my youth but the blooming ball had always long gone.

Used to be a goal keeper, lean supple fast.
Then I found beer motor bikes and women ( not necessarily in that order) and it all went downhill :mrgreen:

Was wicketkeeper for a game at uni, nursing a burning bottom from particularly hot curry the night before. So wasn't really concentrating but caught out a clipped hit from a (county player) batsman entirely by accident - if I had been focussed on the game, I'd probably have dropped it. :LOL: :LOL:

i once caught a softball with my eye,thrown by the bloody teacher.i just happened to be standing in the way not concentrating,he yelled out i spun round and SMACK,king hurt i tell you,instant black eye. :eek:

I was at the till in Asda, the belt moved and a bottle of wine, belonging to the lady in front of me, fell over and nearly rolled off the end but yours truly caught it in time, she said, you've got quick reactions, i assured her, if it had been a bottle of scotch it wouldn't have got that far. :p

Sponsored Links
Back