What a load of old rubbish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday on Radio 2 I heard Chris Evans ranting on about a bloke who got fined £100 + £100 court costs for putting some junk mail in his recycling sack.

IMO the councils fly tipping team would be better off catching people dumping matteresses, etc in country lanes than dealing with trivial matters like this.

You can read more here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/6058952.stm

Sponsored Links
They just made our bins bi-weekly. Dont think we'll do bad, they still pick up recycling every week.

I was thinking the other day. I saw on the news, a bin related article, and they showed one of them new-fangled multi-compartment bin lorries where the stuff goes in the side and it has jaws in each compartment like what you'd find at the back of a normal bin lorry. The amount of energy that uses must be unreal - doesn't it make recycling worthless?

In Doncaster they come round with a big sorting van - 2 guys stood on the back sorting through the recyclables and seperating into big metal cages. Much more eco-friendly.

I wonder how the post office would react if all the junk mail was returned to them, wth 'Not known at this address' marked on it? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back