What are the chances of getting planning permission?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

So recently I got approval for an L-shaped 6m extension with 3m height, through the neighbour consultation scheme. However, I am now thinking to increase the width of my L-shaped extension by 60cm, through planning permission. I have uploaded a sketch so it is clear.

image.jpeg

As you can see, the width is 3m and it is 2.7m away from the borderline. This what was approved recently through the neighbour consultation scheme.

image.jpeg

Now, increasing the width from 3m to 3.6m, would leave a 2.1m gap from the boundary.

What would be the chances of getting planning permission for this?

Will it look overbearing for my neighbour? (Even though it is 2.1m away from borderline and overshadowing is not a problem)

What if the neighbour objects. Will it get refused?

Finally, is it worth getting a planning consultant to offer advice?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Under the Prior Notification scheme, what was the reason that the extension couldn't be full width?

Under the Prior Notification scheme, what was the reason that the extension couldn't be full width?

It had to be 6m from rear wall of the original house :)

Edit: I just realised that I did not draw the 'original house' in my sketch.

I think you could do with some advice; either from an agent or the council.

If the original dwelling has a staggered rear wall then you will need planning permission for any full width extension. First task is to establish whether you need planning permission. If so I would seek advice from the council as to whether it is likely to be granted.

Sponsored Links

It had to be 6m from rear wall of the original house :)

Edit: I just realised that I did not draw the 'original house' in my sketch.

Doesn't make sense. If you did an extension are you saying you simply brought the L shape forward by 6m? If not, why did you bother creating the L shape in the first place and not go the full width out to 6m?

:confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back