What boarding to use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently refitting the bathroom. I am putting a bath in which will have a shower area at one end. At the shower nd of the bath is a stud wall onto which the shower will be fixed, the other wall the bath is against is the block/ brick gable wall. (currently cleaned back to the brick)

These walls will both be tiled to finish.

I was going to use aquapanel on the studwork then get the solid wall plastered, but then i should probably tank it anyway. So should i just use plasterboard/ ply, plaster the solid wall and tank the whole lot? Or to svae me money should i dot and dab the soild wall and tank this? would that hold up tiles ok and is it possible to get a level flat surface with dot and dabbing?

What would you do?

Sponsored Links
What would you do?
Dot and dab the boards onto the blockwork,just normal plasterboard will be fine so long as you tank it in wet areas.
would that hold up tiles ok
Most houses built over the last 20 years or so have dot and dab on the blockwork.
If your tiling it then no need to even skim,tile straight on to the plasterboard,will hold more weight than skimmed boards
it possible to get a level flat surface with dot and dabbing?
Yes if you take your time,have a long level and a piece of timber handy,the timber should be just less than the height of the room,use it to tamp thew boards once positioned
Have a look here
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5maNBW4HM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back