What can I do to my garage floor?

r_c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garage concrete floor (1930s house) is very rough in places and there is lots of dust - there is always dust no matter how much I sweep it up. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to improve the floor. I have seen things online about resin and self levelling and paint. I just need the garage to be a space where I can store the usual stuff, and keep clean.

The floor has a slight pitch. At the back it is 1 brick below the DPM and slopes down at the front to be 2 bricks below the DPM.

Can you please suggest what I can do and which tradesman can do this for me. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
you could use a floor screed like mapei ultraplan.

self levelling latex is not really hard enough for a floor finish

if you dont care about the uneven finish then just paint it with epoxy floor paint -thatll stop the dust

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c
Weak pva solution brushed across will stick down dust .
I painted my old garage floor with a flat roof finish ( builder left behind) which lasted years .

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back