What changes would you make to football?

I

imamartian

What things would you change to make football a better game? or wouldn't you change a thing?
Rugby change their rules quite regularly, and i think the game's improved no end.

As for football...

- stop the clock for injuries
- video ref
- maybe a free kick on the edge of the 'D' for defenders shirt tugging on corners etc (refs reluctant to give pens).
- huge punishment for voilence (studs down heels etc) spotted on video footage after match

etc etc

Sponsored Links
If there is no winning side after the 90 minutes is up, then carry on playing full 15 minute periods until there is a winner (not "Golden ball" since the 15 mins has to be completed), and do away with penalty shootouts.

This would be a rule I'd like to see applied for every match in any team sport which could currently end in a draw.

No points for a no-score draw.

Stop obstructive 'ball-herding'. You have to take a touch to shield the baw.

Sponsored Links
Anyone caught clearly "diving" by video footage to be given a red card and banned for playing for 10 years, without pay! If the ref missed it during the match, then their team should forfeit the game retrospectively and the ban on the player be as previously indicated.

The problem is, and i fully support the things you guys are saying, but this would have to filter down to amateur and club football, so video stuff is difficult.... and wages, wouldn't help.... unless you mean tournament competitions?

maybe no offside from headers? or throw in?

and what if the ref had a laser pointer that would scribe an arc on the turf (like a laser level) 10 yards from where he pointed it? (i'm sure the maths is 'do-able') and if the wall didn't retreat, they'd have to go back 12 yards?

stop televising it..
or at least make sure that it's televised at reasonable hours and not at the expense of regular programs.

For when a player goes down I would give the Ref a variable voltage taser. Then if he thought the player was acting he could poke him with it, and then turn it up until he leaped up again.

Fixed wage for all the players, play the matches with no spectators present, if anyone wants to see the match buy the DVD £5.00.

Wotan

The problem is, and i fully support the things you guys are saying, but this would have to filter down to amateur and club football, so video stuff is difficult.... and wages, wouldn't help.... unless you mean tournament competitions?
I mean at any possible level, but mandatory for premier and tournaments.

Another official on the pitch that could run around after players that have just leaped into the back of an opposition player and stick his boot up their backside. Obviously the player would be running away pre-occupied by his impending doom unless he just bent over and took it.

Do away with stopping the play when a player goes down injured unless its an head injury.

Go back to the simple offside rule, if your on the pitch
your interfering with play, none of this inactive/active
crap...

also will add the best rule change, keepers not being able to pick up back passes, have watched some old games, and if your 1 nil up, the other team would never get a chance, its made it a better game..

In the event of a foul, give it a maximum of 15 seconds for it to be played. If anyone obstructs or delay/argues, red card them.

Related to this, the nearest player to where the ball goes out of play to take the throw in or corner (apart from goal-kick obviously), again within 15 seconds of it going out - otherwise it is passed to the opposing team.

a second smaller set of goals and make the pitch square..
if the ball goes in the smaller set of goals then it's multi-ball... a second ( different coloured ) ball gets fired onto the pitch at the center and is valid in play until it goes out, then it's removed..

Sponsored Links
Back