What changes would you make to football?

When ever a player went down a bunch of clowns would come running round to entertain the crowd.

Sponsored Links
Two points for a win, one for a draw. AND one extra point for every goal more than a two goal lead.
You win 2-1 = 2 points
You win 4-1 = 3 points, 2 for the win and 1 for the goal above the 2 goal lead.

It may make them play to score more rather than sitting back with a 2 goal lead.

Sponsored Links
Try this one then its really serious.

When ever a player went down he would have to give £1000 to charity for every second he laid there. However, if he really was hurt then some scantily clad women come motoring over with a stretcher, did some cheerleader dances especially for the poor chap and whisk him away.

limit each team to 11 men.. no subs, and everyone has to play in goal at least once per season.. ;)

make it like fantasy football where all the players are entered into a pot each year and the clubs have a fixed amout to buy their players for the year..
the price of the player is dependant on their skill..

When a player obstructs another from getting the ball and the ball is more than 2ft from his foot then the obstructed player can put his hand up between the others legs and grab his plums.

machine gun nests at each corner and perhaps a couple of mortars in the car park.

also i would have a hidden sniper. anyone found to be diving by a specially appointed review referee would be shot immmediately, his body wouldn't be removed until the next day as a warning to others. it would then be hung outside the ground in one of those cage things with a sign saying cheating bastard on it.

Good job they didn't have the shirt tugging rule you suggest.
England's goal would have been disallowed yesterday..

Good job the referee didn't see Defoe pulling the defenders shirt.
Don't believe me?? Buy today's Daily Mail and have a look at the picture of Defoe on the back page. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

That aside, I've already suggested in another thread that they should introduce instant slo mo replays, where the ref could call for the replay onm a large screen. I don't think it would hold the game up any more than the players already do.
The camera never lies. ;) ;)

Have somebody with a vuvuzela standing next to the cameramen at all the televised games. Then, when the camera lingers on one of the managers or celebrities in the crowd, or even close up on one of the players, while the game is going on....give him a blast down the lughole or smack him over the head with it.

Good job the referee didn't see Defoe pulling the defenders shirt.
Don't believe me?? Buy today's Daily Mail and have a look at the picture of Defoe on the back page. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

i don't deny that, but the ref only sees an attacker fouling a defender.... never the other way round (oh apart from japan v denmark tonight !!), but usually!

Glad you spotted that one Martian. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Must admit the photo makes Defoe look bad. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back