What colour is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Appreciate that it is hard to tell based on an image but worth a try.

I had someone coming round to replace two skirting boards in the shower room, however he painted them white which doesn't match the colour of the others now.

I'm posting two images - One of an existing skirting board and the colour I want to achieve (the one with the rug in the background) and with the new one painted plain white. You can also see the difference between it and the door which is the colour I would like to match this to.

Attachments

• IMG_7024.JPG
    IMG_7024.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_7025.JPG
    IMG_7025.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 109
Sponsored Links
No he isn't but at least he gave me my money back.

I will get someone else to finish it (know anyone reliable who is happy to serve SW London?) but I would need to know what colour first

No he isn't but at least he gave me my money back.

I will get someone else to finish it (know anyone reliable who is happy to serve SW London?) but I would need to know what colour first
Impossible to tell from photos, sorry. Could be a cream or magnolia, could be white that has yellowed over time.

Sponsored Links
I would say it's paint that has yellowed. Best bet is repaint all your woodwork, be much much smarter.

Your door is almost a "cappachino" colour or maybe Fallow+Balls " decaying asylum";) you could try a colour card. Also, take off the doorhandle - the original paint, unfaded is usually revealed there.

old Yellowed white/ White/ Brilliant White/ Pure Brilliant White take your choice

Start again with new tin of paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back