Woodwork colour to match windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About to start decorating and need to pick a satinwood colour for doors, door frames, door architraves and skirting ... we want white, but as you know there are many whites!

Dulux Pure Brilliant white looks good but we're currently having new timber sash windows made (about 3 weeks away from installation) and had opted for thier factory standard colour which is RAL 9016 'Traffic White', a very very slightly greyish off white... I was happy with this as I thought it would take the edge of them and make them sit back a little better.

Would it look strange if I painted the doors, door frames, door architraves and skirting in a Pure Brilliant White if the window frames and architraves are in this RAL 9016? Or should I be trying to match them?

If match them, would you opt for to paint the skirting etc in RAL 9016 or have the windows repainted in a pure brilliant white?

Sponsored Links
Its all about personal choice and i would paint them all in the RAL 9016, your plan may not look deliberate giving an impression that some has been freshly painted and some not. Applying a different finish to the doors etc may create a more planned scheme but like i said i'd do them all the same as the colours don't contrast or compliment each other either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back