what cylinder lock is best for upvc door ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am moving in 4 weeks and want to swap the locks.
i have read how to measure what locks i need.

My question is what locks are considered very safe?
Also is there something i should like for as i have AA home insurance and i think they asked me if my doors and locks are compliant with something??

The locks i am looking at getting are abs avocet. are these good?
or are yale locks (which are a bit cheaper) considered ok and shouldn't be a problem with my insurance?

cheers for any help. rik.

Sponsored Links
Insurers all ask for minimum spec, which means a 5 lever lock on external doors or equivalent.The quality is usually reflected in the price.

pretty sure the house has the 5 point locking system.
i just wondered if there was a special requirement as to what cylinder lock i put in the door?

Sponsored Links
Don't know if your all sorted but we put ABS Avocet locks in our house when we moved and they seem very good, thumb turn lock on the front door is very handy, but read your insurance docs to make sure they're allowed.

Our insurance never made any demands on the specs of the actual locks, but having seen a YouTube video of someone bumping a lock, we got decent ones

Bought them from here: http://toughlocks.co.uk/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back