What do you think of this roofing job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I just paid a roofer £950 to replace my soffits and fascia boards and guttering with new plastic. He said he would remove the old wooden ones, but I can still see them in the photo so I do not think he did what he said he would do. But please look at the photo. This is at the end of my roof where it meets my neighbour's terraced house. Whay do you think of this?

IMG_0469.jpeg

thanks Paul

Sponsored Links
It's cappit fascia and to deep .
So he has tacked on over the original .
At very least cut it down to the correct depth if smaller was not available .

Last edited:
Are you sure it was wood and not asbestos board?.

Any rate that's a p!ss poor job..

Call them back to do what they agreed with you . But I get the feeling you won’t see them again

Sponsored Links
Gutters too short, eave trays? They won't even know what they are. Rubbish job and not tradesmen.

So you had a tradesman install new soffits, then you found out they were asbestos, so you took them all down..

When was this? 1970?

So you had a tradesman install new soffits, then you found out they were asbestos, so you took them all down..

When was this? 1970?
I read it as the original soffits were asbestos and they were taken down prior to new ones being installed?

Can't tell from the pic but the existing soffits will probably be asbestos...overplated.
£950 won't get a proper job where I am.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back