What features are important when choosing a boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought it was the water flow rate but i am not sure. Do I have to pick up a boiler with a good central and heat ouput?
I have a 4 bedrooms house with a bathroom and a shower.
I found the ecotec pro 28 and the ecotech plus 837, one is £400 more expensive than the other.

Do i pick up a higher flow rate or a higher heat ouput?

Sponsored Links
neither you need a hot water cylinder and a system boiler correctly sized...

combi's are only really for flats or at most one bathroomed houses...

neither you need a hot water cylinder and a system boiler correctly sized...

combi's are only really for flats or at most one bathroomed houses...

I have had a combi boiler in my house for 12 years and no hot water cylinder, so what features are most important.

Sponsored Links
sorry that wasn't very helpful! I would as yourself if you have been satisfied with its performance and what you would change given the chance, the obvious one being the flow rate of hot water...if you use baths alot then a higher flow rate may be a good upgrade (subject to mains and gas pipe sizing)

A boiler forms part of a system so look at the controls options too...I would always opt for compensation controls which are only really available as part of a package from manufacturers like vaillant and viessmann.

Note though that the controls worth investing in are called advanced, or intelligent which enhance boiler performance...

not the simpler on-off stuff!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back