what flux do you prefer?

Slightly off topic as I havent a clue which flux was used but I was called to a warranty job where the customer couldnt pressurise the system boiler was in about 7 months, installer had used copper from the boiler to below the floor then Hep2O elbows under the floor, he had over fluxed his fittings and it had run down the pipe to the Hep2O elbows and had rotted the grab rings and they had popped off , there was hardly anything left of them , use flux sparingly only use what you need

Sponsored Links
Slightly off topic as I havent a clue which flux was used but I was called to a warranty job where the customer couldnt pressurise the system boiler was in about 7 months, installer had used copper from the boiler to below the floor then Hep2O elbows under the floor, he had over fluxed his fittings and it had run down the pipe to the Hep2O elbows and had rotted the grab rings and they had popped off , there was hardly anything left of them , use flux sparingly only use what you need

@lanmac - seen exact same thing last year.
OP: my flux of choice is LACO and I use a pastry brush as a flux brush with hole melted through the top of large LACO pot (using 22mm copper) to hold brush in the pot (y)

Sponsored Links

OP: my flux of choice is LACO and I use a pastry brush as a flux brush with hole melted through the top of large LACO pot (using 22mm copper) to hold brush in the pot (y)
Do you need to cover the hole in the lid when not using the flux to stop it going.off?

Big pot of LACO, bore a 16mm hole in the lid, don't use a flux brush, just use Costa coffee wood stirrer.
Costa sticks are just the right size, so I always take a handful when I pick up my morning coffee........sorted!!

Do you need to cover the hole in the lid when not using the flux to stop it going.off?

Nope... Coz the pastry brush stays in it and blocks the hole :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back