What fuse for this appliance?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a Sololift c-3 pumping station, with 640w power, which I assume would take a 3A fuse. But just looking at the spec and it says Full Load Current is 3.1A?

Does that m Ed n I should put in. 5A fuse and not a 3A?

878D5012-6528-4D1B-81A4-76BF2EFB24D5.png

Sponsored Links
Ok - that’s interesting. It’s a lifting station to pump water upwards about 3m - I put in a 3A fuse as I saw 640w as the power rating. It starts by water reaching a certain level inside - and looks like there’s a capacitor (haven’t opened it up), but looking at the parts on-line.

It’s been going months, but blew my 3A fuse twice recently - so likely the wrong rating?

It’s been going months, but blew my 3A fuse twice recently - so likely the wrong rating?

Motors have a lot of inertia, so draw quite a large current initially, until they are up to speed. As per Eric's suggestion - put a 10amp in there.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back