What height should a bathroom basin be from the floor

As above.

I'm going to be fitting a wall hanging basin in my bathroom later this week. I don't have the benefit of a pedestal to give me the height (or even one on my house to check against) so could someone confirm what the standard height is for a hand basin from the floor?

cock height.

You can't pee uphill.

Sponsored Links
I'm p1ssed of being 6'4" in a world designed for 5'6" midgets! (Can I say that?)

If you feel you have a problem at 6' 4" then think about Dan!

He is 6' 7" but his wife is only 4' 7"

Being normally sized at 5' 9" I have always had a different problem, others walk around in my shoes, tee shirts and jeans!

Tony

Sponsored Links
It's not a f.cking Sink!! A Sink is in the Kitchen FFS!!
In the Bathroom we have a Wash Basin, Wash Hand Basin or commonly called a Basin.

Pedestal Wash Basins are always too low, but at least you can still have a sh.t in one, if your Hotel room has no en-suite.............. ;)

For those that wish to know... Cock height is useful to some no doubt, but there are some people I know that would require the basin to be head height for that use to be achieved.

Disabled basin heights 720-740mm to the rim.
Public and commercial buildings 780-800mm to the rim.
Average pedestal basin height varies, but generally around 850mm.
Private dwellings, wall hung basins at whatever height suits you best. Generally around 850mm, unless you're one of Snow White's mates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back