What is a good shower mixer, please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is for use with water suplied from a combi-boiler. Are there any makes to specifically avoid or any that are really worht considering? Have heard that Mira are a good manufacturer. There are a few here. Is it better to go for a built in valve or not and what about a shower bar? What's the difference. Thanks in advance for your help. ;)

Sponsored Links
I dont like any thermostatic shower with a combi but most will work fine.

There is only one to avoid and that is anything made by Triton as they are so unreliable and the company is so unhelpful.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I had a bad experience when I fitted a Triton shower pump costing £140 which failed after just four days with an o/c motor.

I had to pay for a new Watermill pump and spend about three hours on a Saturday afternoon to fit it. Thats the dedication I give my customers when a manufacturer's product fails.

Usually most companies are very helpful to the trade in a situation like this as it gives them an opportunity to demonstrate their customer service support.

Triton were not helpful at all and almost rude in the dismissive way they told me they would "have a look at it" if I returned it to them. No offer of any replacement or reimbursement of the cost.

Their contact was following a comment I had made on the Institute's forum about my experience with their product and in that senario I would have expected they would have been falling over themselves to be seen to be helpful.

Often I am asked to take part in market research and when the survey is completed I ask what other responents have said and the general view is usually that Triton are one of the worst in the marketplace.

I am sure the negative comments I make about them will have lost them several sales and just that alone makes me wonder what kind of a company they are that they dont offer to apologise or make amends. I even give my number where they can call me free!

Tony

0800 955 4454

Thats the problem, they are not interested in their customers!

Its quite the opposite at Stuart Turner !

Tony

same with anything nowdays no ones bothered.
or they use the saying i'll terminate this call.

can't say i ever had a falling out with triton but like any they only read of a script.

I suppose I am a discerning trade customer but I must say I have only praise for the likes of Stuart Turner and Bristan for their customer service.

Tony

We all learn by our own and other's experiences.

Sounds a bit like Triton is going down the presumptious road in it's dealings with the public. Companies I've had experiences of which have demonstrated this "customers get in the way of us running out business" mentality include the ever shrinking Homebase and the late lamented Woolworths.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back