what is included in a first fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

tomorrow the spark is supposed to have finished the first fix so he needs paying.

Can I ask in general terms what a first fix should incude.

I am asking this because from what i can see there is still a lot of work that needs doing. For example the upstairs light switches are still not chased in.

Sponsored Links
first fix.

cables in
clipped up in loft
floors back down
all chased in
boxes fixed
plastering,depends whos sorting that out though

what did you agree to?

all cables installed, and chased where required, all boxes mounted and grommeted etc, noggins fitted, capping / conduits installed.

IMGP2262-1.jpg

ok thanks.

I think i am in for an interesting meeting with the spark tomorrow....

Tomorrow he is working on his own and he still has to:

chase for six light switches upstairs which will of course need capping and box mount.

he's done all the chasing and cabling downstairs. half still need capping and back boxes (about six light drops and 6 boxes to cap and put in).

Upstairs he has put boxes in half of the sockets but still needs to put boxes for a remaining seven sockets. Wires for sockets are there.

he also still has to run wires in loft for lights upstairs. (loft is clear and only very partially boarded).

he also has to remove 18 spot lights from the ceiling.

he has not worked long days up to now. Tomorrow he says he will put in 12 hours if necessary (me thinks he has another job booked for Friday...).

I hope to be proven wrong..

Sponsored Links
he should get that done in a day mate.until he has though,he has not completed the first fix

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back